Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (FCCS)
This program has the scope to educate learners about the transmission, symptoms, management, and prevention of tropical disease.
At the completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Prioritise assessment needs for the critically ill patient.
- Describe the mechanisms of transmission of bacterial, spiral, viral, and vector-borne tropical diseases.
- Review the clinical risk factors and prognostic factors associated with specific tropical diseases.
- Identify key clinical signs and symptoms for early recognition and diagnosis of life-threatening infections.
- Recognise and respond to significant changes in the unstable patient.
- Recommend appropriate management and prevention options
Duration:- 2 Days
- Didactic lectures
- Case-based skill stations
- Pre- and post tests
- Certificate on successful course completion